Please click the link this link for the downloadable document Guidelines for Parents online learning
Online Home Learning Guidelines for Parents and Carers (23.3.20)
- Make sure my child understands and is aware of the pupil guidelines
- Answer the phone to school staff or return calls, messages or emails
- Supervise your child’s internet use and online learning – make sure you are aware of what they have been asked to do and the websites they need to access.
- Make sure you know who your child is talking to or messaging.
- If a member of staff calls to speak to your children – check that you know who they are, speak to the member of staff yourself before your child talks to them, stay in the room while your child is on the phone.
Guidelines for All Video Calls and Video lessons
- These will be on google meet.
- The parent or carer must make sure their child and other members of the household are aware the video call is happening,
- Staff, children and other members of the household must wear suitable clothing
- Devices used should be in appropriate areas, for example, not in bedrooms; and where possible be against a neutral background.
- Language must be professional and appropriate, including any family members in the background.
- The same expectations apply for remote conversations as normal school conduct
- Staff will only ever video call a pupil with prior agreement with parents and the head teacher or deputy. This will always be at a pre-arranged time. The times of all video calls and lessons will be published and logged.
Group Video Lessons
- These will be group conversations only or webinar – no 1:1 video lessons.
- If your child takes part in a group video conversation, they can be seen by the teacher and other pupils (and members of their household) that are part of the conversation
- Parents/carers need to give consent for their child to be part of a group video lesson. Parents/carers need to appear on screen at the start of the lesson to confirm they give consent for their child to be part of the group conversation
- If the teacher has any concerns about children (or other members of the household) using unsuitable language, dress, location, the conversation will be ended and concerns will be recorded and passed to the head teacher or deputy head.
- Live classes will be kept to a reasonable length of time and take place within normal school day times (between 9am and 3.15pm).
1:1 Video Conversations:
- Staff will only ever video call a pupil one to one with prior agreement with parents and the head teacher or deputy.
- This will be at a pre-arranged time and day.
- The staff member will speak first with the parent or carer to check they are aware of the call. The parent or carer must stay in the room.
Contact the school if you have any questions or concerns. You can leave a message on the school phone and we will call back. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email back.